Dismantle The Status Quo
You don’t want to match your competition. You want to set a new industry standard. For that, you need a new kind of partner.
Peak Nano is all about disruption.
We help industry-leading companies rewrite the rules and chart a new path forward—on a journey powered by nanotechnology. For big names ready to think bigger, nanotechnology is the new frontier. And Peak Nano will guide the way—with sound strategy, and real results.
We’re the people who take nanotechnology out of the lab, and make sense of it for your business. You can’t shatter realities with theory alone.
For us, it’s making it real that matters.
Nanotechnology On A Large Scale
So much of the potential of nanotechnology has remained stuck in the laboratory. With our manufacturing facilities and partners, we’re able to rapidly prototype new technology and quickly move into the commercialization phase of operations.
It’s during the commercialization phase that Peak Nano brings to bear the capital, accounting, sales, and the executive leadership needed to accelerate the process, while mitigating risk. For those ready to share their breakthroughs with the world, we can make it happen.
You're Not Alone
Because you’re reading this, chances are you’re a disruptor too.
If you’re part of a business that’s ready to shake up the status quo, leap ahead of your competitors, and put nanotechnology to work, you should be working with Peak Nano.
If you’re researching new nanotechnologies, and you’re ready to share your work with the world, you should be working with Peak Nano.
We’re ready to help you think bigger. Let’s get started today.
Who We Are
Making nanotechnology work in the real world takes vision. Our team is diverse: executives with significant record of success in sales, operations, manufacturing, and finance. Accomplished scientists. And top-tier engineers.
- Global Sales & Marketing Executive.
- A strategic entrepreneurship leader.
- Has established successful nanotechnology ventures with multiple defense and corporate entities.
President & COO
- Multiple successful joint ventures, partnerships, and licenses in nanotechnology fields.
- Deep finance, legal, and operations experience.
- Sought-after thought-leader on entrepreneurship, innovation, and successful commercialization of nanotechnology.
Dr. Michael Ponting
- Lead scientist on several DoD-funded multi-layered materials technology programs.
- Oversees the custom R&D and Pilot co-extrusion processing facilities used by Peak Nano.
- Holder of multiple patents related to multilayered polymer film systems and GRIN optics.
Chief Optical Scientist
- 35+ years as an Applied Scientist in advanced optics design and testing, interferometry, nondestructive analysis, digital imaging and machine vision, medical and microscopic imaging, laser development and applications, metrology, optomechanical design, and radiation measurement
- 5+ years as Chief Optical Scientist in design and development of nanolayered GRIN optics
- Globally recognized expert in Holographic Interferometry
- Author of 50+ technical articles and conference presentations in optics and metrology, and most recently 6 in the field of polymer gradient index optics
- Over 25 current and pending patents and co-patents in optical metrology, digital microscopic imaging, and machine vision optics
Senior VP Manufacturing
- 30+ years in complex manufacturing and program management.
- Designed, built, and managed multiple high-volume facilities, including IC fabrication, electronic assembly, and electro/mechanical assembly.
- Entrepreneur with extensive startup experience.
- Has assembled and led multiple global operations teams.
- Experienced program manager with emerging defense technologies
- Former USMC Special Operations and Infantry Officer
Dr. Richard Flynn
Senior Optical Scientist
- 6+ years experience designing polymer gradient index (GRIN) optical lenses and systems. Co-created and coded the GRIN model and design tools macro suite used in Zemax OpticStudio software.
- Author of 38+ journal articles and conference presentations, with more than 12 in the field of polymer gradient index optics.
- 10+ years postdoctoral experience as government researcher, professor and optical designer in the fields of GRIN optics, plasmonics, metamaterials, optical trapping, circuit design, laser spectroscopy and optical metrology.
Peak Nano Board of Directors
Co-Founder, President & COO of Peak Nano
Co-Founder, CEO of Peak Nano
CEO of Molecular Rebar Design
President, Texas A&M Foundation
Gen. Mark Welsh (USAF RET)
President, The Bush School of Government & Public Service, Texas A&M University
Former Member, Joint Chiefs of Staff