Operations Lead Engineering
LOCATION: Cleveland, OH / Dallas, TX
What We Have
- An incredible opportunity to further advance our ground-breaking technology
- An environment overflowing with development and growth opportunity
- A brand-new state-of-the-art manufacturing build out in process
- An open mind for new ideas and innovations
- Medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K, flex spending plan and life insurance
What You Will Do
Responsible for ensuring product, personnel, and equipment scheduling for pilot lab operations. Company’s engineering product development activities including but not limited to the Optical group product development (plastics, molding and extrusion, polishing, optical metrology). Position will also include interface with Senior Design and Engineering Staff to reduce concepts and prototypes to a mechanical tooling and/or equipment design. Position will function as a cohesive resource for the pilot laboratory between Company CTO, Optical Design Department, and Individual project managers. A qualified candidate for the position will oversee conceptualizing and day-to-day management of simultaneous projects; delivering manufacturable mechanical optical mold designs, and assistance in maintain a standardized to quality assurance protocols.
- Serve as a key member of the engineering and operations team that achieves the company’s strategic direction.
- Develop strategic planning for the direction and control of product development activities.
- Formulate near-term process and project objectives for the department.
- Assure that department achieves objectives and project completion within budget and time frame.
- Be a student of current industry trends, ensuring that the company maintains and expands its technology leadership position.
- Motivate staff and provide technical direction and guidance, as well as hands-on project management, recognizing the role as that of both manager and support resource / mentor.
- Contribute to mechanical product design and supervisor tooling and mold fabrication for products and projects.
- Manage and direct staff as needed to meet goals. Identify additional resource needs to meet scheduled commitments.
- Ensure implementation and refinement as required of formal process to support the product development process.
- Ensure that product development is focused on meeting and exceeding the customer requirements.
What You Have
- Experience in plastic materials, ideally optical, processing or molding – Required
- Experience in optics manufacturing and/or plastic molding, polishing, diamond turning or equivalent processes – Preferred
- Knowledgeable in QA / QC lab processes
- Knowledge of optical lens metrology / characterization – surface roughness, interferometry, MTF – modulation transfer function a plus
- Experienced in plastic molding process development and tooling design.
- Demonstrated team building and leadership skills
- “Out of the box thinker” must be key driver contributing to the products roadmap and willing to take innovative product risk while balancing the road map for on time deliverables
- Manage diverse, simultaneous projects of varying complexities
- Strong relationship management, strategy development, project management, problem solving and change management skills.
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in building relationships, team player, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills
What You Also Have
- Minimum BSE
- Ability to create engineering mold drawings and design (solid works or similar programs)
To apply, submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com.